Feature Request for "Extended Merge" Target branch and Merge Type

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Hi,
is it possible to have Extended Merge to cache the last used Target branch depending on which source branch you open Extended Merge from?

A filter function on Merge Type (also cached) to have only merge Candidates loaded could also be handy.
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Hi,
The first CR - yes, I can do it.
The second CR - I didn't understand it. Please explain.
Oct 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
In the list of changeset I'd like a filter to not have all merge types in the list. For example in one of our branches we have several 1000 of changesets (+10 developer in the project :) ) so I want a way to reduce the list to only contain changesets set to Merge Type Candidate. It will make the merge a hole lot easier, and probably faster to populate the list of changsets.

compare to tf command: tf merge /candidate "$/source branch" "$/target branch" /recursive
Oct 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I'd like a dropdown to switch source target as well (and refresh of list and target branch dropdown on change) without having to close the window in between.

Almost always when we merge we do it from dev branch to main and then from main branch to release branch (new features) or vice versa (bug fix in release branch).